5 Top Things to do in Cornwall this November
Not only can you catch stunning sunrises and tuck into delicious food, but West Cornwall is filled with exciting events for all...
Here are our top five for November 2018:
1. Guy Fawkes Fireworks, Penzance - 3rd November: There will be plenty going on in the skies over bonfire night in the area, but one of our favourite spots to watch a magical display that never disappoints would have to be at the Magpies Football Ground in Penzance which has been hosted by the Penzance Rotary Club since 1974. There will be hot food and live music from Penzamba inside the football ground.
2. Cornwall Film Festival, Falmouth - 9th - 11th November: Enjoy thought-provoking and challenging independent cinema at the 17th Cornwall Film Festival. There will be features and shorts; dramas, documentaries and off-the-wall comedies; international and UK cinema; award winners from Cannes and showcases of new work from the big-name filmmakers of tomorrow. As well as all of this, The weekend offers masterclasses, talks, director Q&A’s and networking events for aspiring filmmakers, screenwriters and curious cinemagoers. Definitely one for the all those film lovers! Keep up to date with what's going on on their Facebook page.
3. Truro City of Lights, Truro - 21st November: A much-loved celebration by the locals which brilliantly brings in the festive season with a mixture of art, music, dance and a procession of creative handmade withy and tissue lanterns - lighting up the streets of our Cornish capital.
4. Shanty Shout, St Ives - 23rd - 24th November: Back for its third year, this FREE event is perfect for all you salty sea dogs who love to be serenaded with nautical tunes and Cornish favourites. Performances will take place throughout six different venues throughout St Ives, from pubs to acoustic venues and will be raising money for Cornwall Air Ambulance.
5. Cornish Christmas Market, Marazion - 29th November: We are VERY much looking forward to hosting our very first Christmas Market at the Godolphin Arms this year. Starting at 2 pm in the Beach Bar, we have a host of local makers, creators and artists, with everything from preserves to photography, jewellery to decorations - the perfect opportunity to get all your Christmas shopping done. Don't forget to buy your raffle ticket to win some of the wonderful gifts donated by our stall holders, with all proceeds from raffle sales going to local charity Surfers Against Sewage.